Monday, November 24, 2014

Thank you Pie Lovers!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! To everybody who bought pies, cobblers and frozen fruit. To all who shared my posts and told their family and friends about our fundraiser. To Willamette Pie Company for their amazing support and allowing us to do the fundraiser for a second time. We raised almost $400 dollars towards our adoption. To some that may not seem like a lot, but really when you break all these costs down it truly is such a blessing. Every dollar is going to a fee of some kind. As we move closer to the end their just seems to be more fees! God will Provide.

So on November 19th My mom, Baby and I took a field trip to Willamette Pie Company to pick up all the pies, cobblers and fruit! We did not really know what to expect, but had an appointment for 10am. It was a cold, but sunny, dry day! So we drove the back country roads and it was just beautiful! The drive was only about 40mins and we arrived on time! We found the office and the potty since we were traveling with a potty training toddler it is a must find at every stop, lol! I let them know I was there to pick up my order and then we got to watch them make the pies! If you know anything about Willamette Valley Pies they hand make their crust, and the pies and it is amazing as they have big windows so you can watch the yumminess happen. Baby enjoyed this part only for a few minutes, I could have watched much longer!


They have a fun little farm store that has all kinds of cute things to look at, but the best part is if you go between 9am and 11am it is their "Happy Hour"!! $1 or $1.50 pie slices, and they warm them and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on. So of course since we were there we had to take part in this yummy special. I chose Boysenberry, baby had Pumpkin Pie (mommy figured it would be the least messiest), and I am completely drawing a blank on what my mom had. She can chime in on the comments! It was so tasty! What a yummy breakfast, lol!


We got the pies all loaded up, there was so much they filled the back of my minivan with the seat laid down! The man that loaded them asked me all about our adoption and shared with me that his wife and him hope that one day that they also would like to adopt! We let baby play on their little playgroup out front. Yes they even have a little playground so on nice, warm summer days, "Happy Hour" would be even more amazing outside! Then we started our trip home to get all the pies, cobblers and fruit back to the two pick up spots. I am just filled with so much happiness, and love at all the support. I hope these pies and cobblers are eaten and enjoyed with family and friends! Thank you again for being apart of our village to bring our children home. Here is the address to Willamette Valley Pie Company, so if you are ever in the area you can look it up!
Willamette Valley Pie Company, LLC
2994 82nd Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97305

website: http://www.wvpie.com/

No comments: