Monday, April 6, 2015

Hoppy Easter! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

I hope everybody had a wonderful Easter! We were so excited to celebrate such an important holiday to our family with our newest children.

I love decorating pretty much for every holiday and season of the year. I have a plastic bin or two designated for the holiday depending on what I have picked up on clearance here and there at the after holiday sales (yes that is how I shop) over the years. I am not sure why I enjoy it, but it just brings so much excitment and festivity to the house. We have a book basket that is always full of books for the different holidays, window clings, and love my table clothes, lol! So this year the 3 kids that are home with me got to help me decorate and they loved it. It got them excited for this holiday first they would enjoy in our family.

As much talk of Easter Bunny, Chocolate, Eggs etc started going around our house I wanted to make sure my newest children understood the real reason we celebrate Easter. I had just taken Kingston to his first church service on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday would be Kya's first Sunday in church so I knew that alone would not do the teaching. We have books that I would read and that was great, but then my Mother-in-Love asked me what she could send and I asked her about sending a video that was age appropriate in explaining the Easter Story. We received this special video, along with some coloring books that explained perfectly the death and resurrection of Jesus and boy did it spark questions. Now right now we are still in the midst of a language barrier, but every day is about learning. Learning new words, meaning and phrases. Kingston caught on that the cross was a symbol of Jesus and then he kept saying, big man flying! I loved this! Yes we have a big Daddy up in the sky. Then he started asking, what about Daddy here? We talked about our heavenly Daddy and our Earthly Daddy, and he's a boy so we talked about who is stronger, lol. I just loved the questions that were coming. We do not watch a ton of tv in our home, but I have used videos as teaching tools a lot with the kids. They can see it visually and also hear it. They are learning.

We went to church Easter morning and I have to say my church has been amazing at accomodating our newest children and their needs. I feel blessed to be a part of a church family that is willing to make the children comfortable so I can go worship and refill my spirit too. The kids loved Sunday School Easter morning! Were excited that they made cross necklaces and left class with a chocolate egg. HE is the reason we have these children in our home and I feel so blessed that we get to teach them all about their Big Daddy in the sky who loves them!

I do not want to leave out all the fun details of the kids first Dying of Easter Eggs or waking to hunt for their baskets or their first Easter egg hunt outside. They enjoyed it all. We heard, "I Love Easter" many, many times. The smile and joy on all the kids faces never gets old and it is why we do all the fun decorating and hiding of these plastic eggs.

We had a special treat this year. Our 2nd to oldest daughter Kendall thought all on her own that she wanted to make skirts for the girls for Easter. She went with GiGi and bought the material and then had a special sewing party with a dear friend Rebecca (as her mommy is not talented like that), who helped her create and sew 3 beautiful matching skirts. She was so proud and we were so proud of her. Her sisters were so excited to be able to match as they both look up to her. Not only has Kendall started sewing, but she has really got into baking so she also made a special cake for our family to enjoy on Easter. She is a true blessing to our family.

Okay I will not hold out any longer, we took some adorable photos of course! Yes I would love, love to share, because my kids are just to cute to keep secret, lol!


No comments: