Wednesday, April 8, 2015

This JUST HAPPENED today! FIRSTS!

Today Kingston started school!!! He started Kindergarten.


He was so excited to be going to school and even more the same school as his big brother and sister. He has been counting down the days and asking at every school meeting if he is going to school. We have been working at home on things like spelling his name and counting, abc's etc. He is so smart and I knew once we could get his medical stuff situated her would be ready to go. Well he has had his braces now for 1 week and he was ready to get this show on the road. There will be no stopping this smarty pants. He picks stuff up so fast.


Karis, Kya and I dropped Kingston off, walking him to his class. He walked at the front of the line holding his teachers hand. I could hear some of the kids talking. "That's Kingston", "He is new, he is from China". I am sure the teacher gave them a heads up on a new student joining their class. Kingston walked in and the teacher showed him his hook for his backpack and his desk with his name on it. He sat down quietly and started right to work on a math paper. Proudly writing his name at the top! I gave him a kiss and told him I would see him after school and that he would do great. We walked out as he worked on his paper and I could hear the teacher introducing all the kids at his table group. I really like his teacher and I am so excited for him. I know he is going to love school and making new friends. He was so ready for this new adventure.

After school I made sure to be there early, lol. No mommy fails of being late on the first day. I wanted him to see my face as soon as school was done. He came down with the rest of his class and saw me and was smiling a big Kingston smile. He came right into my arms once his teacher excused him and gave me a big hug. I asked him how the day went and like any kid I got the one word answer. "Good". I talked to the teacher who said he did great and was interacting with the kids and they all wanted to help him do everything and teach him the ropes. That as a mama is the best thing to hear, he was being accepted right away. I am just so excited for him! As we walked out he asked, " School tomorrow"? I said yes, which was followed by his cheering YAY! I knew then he had a GREAT day! So on to tomorrow and many more days of school and firsts for my brave boy!

2 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah P said...

Oh, I'm so very glad to hear that Kingston had a great first day of school!

Sarah Pemberton :)